Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Hello Teacher - (CTD458)

Happy Wednesday!  I'm hosting the new Color Throwdown Challenge that starts today and I've chosen a few primary colors which I thought would be fun to create with since it's back to school time.
Using the colors I picked for our challenge, I decided to create a few tags to wrap up some goodies for my youngest son's teachers for the first day of school.  I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Thanks a Bushel along with the Thanks a Bushel Lawn Cuts.  I started out by die cutting two Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle Tags and blending on some mustard seed distress ink in the centers.  Next I added the grass which I die cut using the Grassy Hillside Borders die and I stamped my sentiment.  The sentiment was stamped from two different stamp sets, I used the word teacher from the Thanks a Bushel set and the hello from the Elphie Selfie set.  After that, I had stamped all of my images and colored them with Copic markers and I adhered the bushel of apples and a single apple to my tag using foam tape.  I also die cut a smaller tag from the Lawn Fawn Tiny Tags dies and stamped the to and from from the Tiny Tag Sayings: Birthday set and attached one of the apples I had stamped, die cut and colored along the edge then tied them both together with black and white bakers twine.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Sheri Gilson - August Guest Designer

No comments: