Wednesday, May 17, 2017

A Whole Lot of Lovely - (CTD443)

Hello!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!  We have some fantastic new colors for all of us to create with and we hope you'll join in and play along.
For my card, I used the My Favorite Things stamp sets, Giraffing Me Crazy with the Griffing Me Crazy Die-namics along with the Springtime Blooms stamp set and Die-namics.  I created this card for a friend of mine and I had so much fun pairing these two stamp sets together that I made a few more cards that I'll be sharing within the next two days.  I started out by choosing one giraffe image and three flower images from the Springtime Blooms set and then stamped and colored them with Copic markers and die cut them out.  Next, I die cut my grassy hillside and stamped my sentiment then played around with the placement of my images until I was happy with them.  Then, I thought it would be fun to make this card into a shaker card so I used the MFT Square Peek a Boo Window die along with a Square Shaker Pouch.  I backed the die cut window with some hawaiian shores cardstock and filled my shaker with gold, teal and iridescent aqua sequins then added some foam tape and adhered my white die cut panel to my white card base.  Then the fun part, I added my grassy hill, tucked in my flowers and added my giraffe with foam tape.  Then added some Yellow Stickles to the large flower and some glossy accents to the giraffe's eye.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Amy Tsuruta - May Guest Designer

2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

A whole lotta darling!! Just received an order from E.H. that could have a supply of these shaker pouches ... gotta run!!!
=]

Broni said...

This is SO cute, Lynn! Love it!