Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Hello - (CTD433)


Hello there!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.
For my card, I used the My Favorite Things stamp set Pretty Posies with the Pretty Posies Die-namics to make a card for a friend of mine.  I used the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge from last week for my layout and kept my card fairly clean and simple.  On my white card base, I added a strip of brocade blue cardstock toward the bottom, then I added a white die cut Single Stitched Line Rectangle frame.  Next I stamped my flowers using brocade blue ink and new leaf ink, then die cut them out and adhered them to my card.  After that I die cut three hellos from white cardstock using the Hello There Die-namics and glued them all together and added them to my card along with my friend sentiment which was stamped from the Label Maker Sentiment set.  As a finishing touch I added some silver gems and of course you can't have a naked envelope:)
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Lisa Lara - March Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.


My Favorite Things PRETTY POSIES Clear Stamps CS116

My Favorite Things PRETTY POSIES Die-Namics MFT873

My Favorite Things SINGLE STITCH LINE RECTANGLE FRAMES Die-Namics MFT950

My Favorite Things HELLO THERE Die-Namics MFT886

My Favorite Things LABEL MAKER SENTIMENTS Clear Stamps CS74

Pin It

5 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely stunning Lynn. I love how you made a matching envelope!

Stampingcountry said...

Pretty card and the matching envelope is fabulous! Great bold color!

Happy Dance said...

Gorgeous card, Lynn. Those flowers look amazing and those blues are wonderful. Love that you've made a matching envelope, too. Very pretty. Bev

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this layout! You make me feel guilty for not decorating more envelopes with my cards - lol! I really need to get into the habit of pulling out an envelope while I'm creating a card.

Debbie Olson said...

Lynn, this is awesome--love it! Great colors and layout--beautifully done!