Saturday, March 4, 2017

Happy Purrthday

Hi there, crafty friends!  Happy Saturday!  I've got a set of birthday cards that I created using some new Lawn Fawn goodies I received last week. I used the newly released Lawn Fawn stamp set Meow You Doin' with the Meow You Doin' Lawn Cuts and Happy Happy Happy with the Happy Happy Happy Lawn Cuts. I used the same card layout for each card but with different colors and cats.
I'm participating in this month's Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge over on Instagram and the other day I colored a sheet of these adorable cat images thinking I would make a small batch of birthday cards for my stash.  All of the cat and other images from the Meow You Doin' set that I used were colored with Copic markers and were adhered to the cards with foam tape.  To create my scenes, I die cut a square of white cardstock and blended on some tumbled glass distress ink for the sky and used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders Lawn Cuts for the hill.  Next I stamped my Happy sentiment and die cut that image plus 3 more so that I could glue them all together for more dimension.  After that I die cut one of the new Fancy Folded Banners and stamped the Purrthday (only half of the sentiment on this stamp) and supported the center with two strips of foam tape.
These cards were so fun to create!  Each a little different than the other but still similar.  I added a little something different in the corner of each card, either a paw print, a mouse or a heart, all from the set and tied on some black and white bakers twine.
The square stitched frame and scallop frame are from the Papertrey Ink Shakers & Sprinkles kit I purchased a few years ago.
It's difficult to see in the photos, but on each of the cards I used some Wink of Stella glitter pen on the party hat and candle flame.

Lawn Fawn - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Meow You Doin'

Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Meow You Doin'

Lawn Fawn - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Happy Happy Happy

Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Fancy Folded Banners

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It

2 comments:

Andrea W said...

Your kitty cards are darling! I love the sky backgrounds behind your wonderfully colored kitties.

Tracey McNeely said...

These kitties are all coloured perfectly and your colour choices are fabulous!