Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Happy Birthday - (CTD432)

Happy March 1st!  I'm running behind schedule for my Color Throwdown post today but wanted to make sure I got it up on my blog.  We've got some wonderful bright and cheerful colors to create with this week and we hope you'll play along with the challenge.  Before I get to my card for today, I'd like to welcome this month's CTD Guest Designer, Lisa Lara.
 For my card, I used some fun new Lawn Fawn goodies I got in the mail last Friday.  I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Happy, Happy, Happy along with the coordinating Lawn Fawn Happy, Happy, Happy Lawn Cuts.  I also used the new Fancy Folded Banners Lawn Cuts to stamp my birthday sentiment on and the stamp set Party Animal and Lawn Cuts where I used the little bird images and the balloon image which I paper pieced with patterned paper.  And for the white panel behind my birds, balloons and Happy Birthday, I used the LF stamp set Hello Sunshine and stamped the cloud images in hawaiian shores.  A few little details:  I used some foam tape in the center of my stamped banner so it wouldn't collapse in the middle and I also used foam tape on the birds and the very top of the balloons.  I've linked to all of the stamp sets and dies within this post and pictured below.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Lisa Lara - March Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Lawn Fawn - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Happy Happy Happy


Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Happy Happy Happy


Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Fancy Folded Banners


Lawn Fawn - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Party Animal




Lawn Fawn - Hello Sunshine Collection - Clear Acrylic Stamps

3 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Amazing use of the colors Lynn!

Tracey McNeely said...

So super cute Lynn!

Stampingcountry said...

What a happy birthday card! Like all the fun patterns.