Wednesday, February 15, 2017

With Gratitude - (CTD430)

Hello there!  Are you ready for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge?  I hope so because we have another great color palette to play with.
For my card, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Spring Woods along with the Winter Woods: Cover Plate to create a thank you card.  I don't know about you but I'm ready for spring.  To create my card, I die cut a piece of chocolate chip cardstock using the Winter Woods cover plate, then used some ocean tides ink and blended it onto a piece of white cardstock cut the size of my brown Winter Woods die cut piece and glued it to the back.  Next I die cut and stamped my bird and branches and stamped my sentiment onto a white banner.  I used ocean tides, spring moss, kraft, chocolate chip and hawaiian shores ink.  I ended up cutting one of the flowering branches apart and used the pieces along the bottom of my card tucking the ends of the branches under the edge of the brown die cut Winter Woods piece.  After adhering everything down, I added my bird with foam tape and used a wink of stella glitter pen on the center of the flowers.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Donna Mikasa - February Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

3 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

Wow, you rocked the color challenge! Your card is a perfect blend of this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowzers, Lynn, this is such a gorgeous card!! Love everything about it!

Leigh Penner said...

I love this, Lynn!