Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Lawn Fawn Thank You - (CTD408)

Hello there!  It's my turn to host over at the Color Throwdown Challenge for this week and since it's back to school time I thought I would go with some fun primary colors.
For my card I used the fun Lawn Fawn stamp sets Love You a Latte and Scripty Sayings to create a teacher thank you card that I can slip a Starbucks gift card into.
I kept my card fairly clean and simple with the focus on the colorful coffee cups.  I die cut my stitched white panel for the front of my card, then stamped my thank you sentiment along the bottom. Next I added a strip of black and white polka dotted designer paper and a piece of black cardstock.  After that I stamped and die cut each of the coffee cups and colored them with Prisma colored pencils and arranged them into the black strip of cardstock and adhered them down popping up the yellow mustache cup.  To add a splash of color to the top of my card, I added three banners from scrap designer paper.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Wanda Guess - August Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

3 comments:

Lisa H. said...

ack! I adore this. loooove those sweet little faces on all the mugs. great fun card.

LauraJane:) said...

FAB coloring of your Mugs:)) Congratulations on the C&9 Challenge Blog gig!!

Karren said...

This is adorable! Those faces are just too cute!