Monday, July 25, 2016

Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop - A Book for Your Birthday

Hello!  I've got a card and coordinating bookmarks that I'm sharing for the Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop.  The inspiration for this month's hop is the photo below.  When I first saw the inspiration photo for the hop my first thought was that I loved the colors within it, then I started thinking about what elements I'd like to make into a card and out of the flowered pillow and patterns, my eye zeroed in on the little stack of books.  So that's what I went with.  I'm huge lover of books and reading and I'm always in need of a birthday card for one of the girls in my book club, so I used my PTI stamp set Bibliophile and coordinating dies to create a birthday card.
Blog-hop-logo
Blog Hop Inspiration
I used the colors from the wood floor for my books, the aqua color for my background which I used a PTI impressions plate on, the white for my teacup and a pop of the coral color in my rose.  And I'm also entering this card in for the Gilded in Gold with Danielle Flanders Stamp-a-faire challenge because I used some Martha Stewart gold leaf paint and painted the edges of my teacup, the edges of two books on my card and the bottom edges of my bookmarks.  The rose is from the PTI stamp set The Sweet Life and I stamped it in berry sorbet and pure poppy with the leaves in simply chartreuse.
The bookmarks I kept simple other than stamping a quick little quote from the Bibliophile set, adding a cluster of roses and painting the bottoms with metallic gold paint.
Pin It

5 comments:

Betty Sue said...

Super card!! Love your take on the inspiration picture!!

Jacquie Southas said...

What a perfect card based on a reading nook inspiration!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card and bookmarks! The gilded gold is a lovely touch of elegance. I love this great Bibliophile set but then I love books, too:)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fabulous, Lynn! I love how you were inspired by the books on the inspiration photo!

Diana K said...

You are so clever, Lynn! Bookmarks ad a book card for a reading nook! It's all so pretty, with just the right touches of that gold paint. And I love your embossed background too.