Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Petite Pots - (CTD388)

Hi there!  It's my turn over at the Color Throwdown to host this week's challenge and I've chosen a springtime inspiration photo and colors.
For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets, Petite Pots (last years anniversary set) and Garden Variety for the watering can.  I used a piece of watercolor paper to watercolor some brocade blue ink for my background, then once it was dry I stamped my happy birthday sentiment and matted my watercolor piece to a die cut scalloped mat.  I die cut all my pieces and stamped the watering can, bird and flowers using daffodil delight, going gray, summer sun and new leaf.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rysavy
 Amy Rohl - April Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

8 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this sweet card! Beautiful watercolor wash BG and that watering can with flowers is just adorable!

Tracey McNeely said...

Adorable scene Lynn, love all the sweet elements on the watercoloured background!

Luanne said...

Oh! This is fantastic! I love the flowers in the watering can, and what fun colors to work with. Hope I get a chance to play!

Amy Rohl said...

So sweet, Lynn, and besides the beautiful scene you've put together, I love the white on white scalloped layer. Great touch!

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card x

Andrea W said...

Such a beautiful and happy card!

Mimi said...

So cute! I had to come back and say I really like this card: color, composition... Everything!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so sweet and pretty! I just ordered the Garden Variety set, so I'm thrilled to see your inspiring card!