Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Celebrate Today - (CTD384)

Hi there!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!  
For my card using this week's colors, I used a one of the sheets that came in the Papertrey Ink Color Pop kit.  I die cut my sentiment from white card stock and sponged on some lovely lilac ink along the bottom of each word.  Next I used the stencil from the kit and stenciled on some of the smaller flowers and all of the leaves.  After that I stenciled two pure poppy flowers and die cut those layering them together.  After everything was stenciled and die cut, I stamped in the details and adhered everything onto the card front using foam adhesive to pop up the large red flower.  As added details, I added some black and white bakers twine and some red rhinestones.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rysavy
Leslie Miller - March Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

7 comments:

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors on the black background!!

Sandy Kay said...

Lynn, that is so gorgeous! I love Color Pops!

Susi said...

Stunning card - those colours really "pop" on the black BG, and I love what you did with the sentiment diecuts by shading the bottom only with purple!

Stampingcountry said...

Gorgeous! Love the unique black background.

Barbara said...

This is a stunner, Lynn! Those colors pop off that black bbackground!

Vicki Finger said...

This is a very striking card!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Wow! This is stunning! Loving the colors against the black background and the fun floral stamps you used! :)