Saturday, February 27, 2016

With Deepest Sympathy

Hello!  Happy Saturday!  The card I'm sharing today is a sympathy card for a gentleman my husband knew through his work.  From what my husband told me, this gentleman was a man who had a strong belief in God and enjoyed gardening so I hope this card is fitting.
I am so happy that Papertrey Ink released a bird stamp set with a series for the different seasons!  I love birds, I own birds, we feed the wild birds outside our home and I enjoy watching them so I knew I needed the PTI Winter Woods and Spring Woods stamp sets.  
For my card today, I started out with a white card base, then cut a panel of aqua mist card stock 5 1/4" x 4" and sponged on some peacock feathers distress ink along the outer edges especially at the bottom and adhered that to my card base.  Next I die cut the coordinating Winter Woods cover plate from brown card stock and the bird and branches from the Spring Woods set from white card stock.    I stamped my bird in tropical teal, black and (close to cocoa ink SU) and the branches in (chocolate chip SU), new leaf and hawaiian shores.  After stamping my flowers, I went back and added some shading with Copic markers and added a white dot to the center of each flower using a gel pen.  I stamped my sympathy sentiment onto a white banner using black ink and arranged all of my pieces together (cutting some of the branches) onto my sponged panel, popping up the bird with foam adhesive.
I think while I have the supplies all out on my desk I will create a few more of these cards in this style, sympathy cards are always the hardest to make when you actually need one.

Enjoy your weekend! 

Pin It

8 comments:

victoria h said...

Beautiful card- ❤️ These stamps. Remembered your card from the blog hop & wondered if you made any more- glad I checked.

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely gorgeous ... I adore those colors ... such a lovely sympathy card.

paperkicks said...

This is a beautiful card. Love how you combined the latest PTI release. I know it will bring comfort. tfs!

Alanna said...

What a beautiful sympathy card. I'm sure it will be well received and being the comfort intended.

Janelle said...

Gorgeous! It is just perfect for a sympathy card - not dull and macabre, but restful and positive. :)

Julie said...

Your color blending is beautiful.

Leigh Penner said...

Great minds do think alike, Lynn.... I was playing with this set last night and wondering about adding the floral branches to the cover plate -- and look, it looks fantastic! Wonderful card!

Calmom5 said...

This is one of the most Beautiful Cards I have ever seen made. I absolutely LOVE this card. The colors are amazing. Thank you for sharing.