Sunday, February 21, 2016

So happy

Hi there!  I'm back to share the second card in a collection of watercolored cards that I created (you can see yesterday's card here or scroll down to the post below this).  This time I used the same supplies but switched up my colors and sentiment.
I'm entering my card for today into the Fusion {Pretty in Pink} Challenge.  For my card, I used the Papertrey Ink Beautiful Butterflies die along with the Scripted stamp set and coordinating die.  For my watercoloring, I used some pti enchanted evening ink along with some spun sugar distress ink.  I die cut two of the butterflies, one solid one not from some bordering blue cardstock (SU) and after blending a little enchanted evening ink onto them adhered them together and added a touch of iridescent glitter at the tips of the wings (which doesn't photograph well, it looks much better irl).  Once my watercolor panel was dry, I made a nest with some white sewing thread onto the center of my card and adhered my butterfly.  Next I die cut my So happy sentiment and blended along the bottom edge of it with some spun sugar distress ink and glued that along the bottom of my card.  And lastly I heat embossed the remainder of my sentiment in white embossing powder on to a banner of enchanted evening cardstock and added it under my die cut sentiment and added a few iridescent sequins.

Pin It

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Lynn this is just spectacular!! LOve your pink and navy puddle of water-colors ... Oh I love it ALL!
=] Michele

Julia Aston said...

Your watercolor background is striking on this beautiful card! thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge Lynn! Julia xx

Toss In a Little Glitter said...

I am "so happy" to have discovered your beautiful card. I love your design, the watercolor background and the way you added ink to your wording.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Gorgeous, love the soft background! Great use of the colors! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oohhhhhhhh makes me gasp out loud! GORGEOUSNESS Lynn! So great to have you join us this challenge at FUSION!!