Monday, November 9, 2015

Happy Purr-thday


Hello friends!  I had a relaxing low key crafty Sunday yesterday and I was happy I had the chance to create a few cards.  Today's card is for the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #148.
I used the My Favorite Things Cat-itude stamp set and die-namics to create a birthday card.  I started out with a white card base, then stamped a piece of watercolor paper using the little flowers from the stamp set and Versa Mark ink so that I could heat emboss the flowers in white.  Once that was done, I used some shaded lilac distress ink to watercolor my background.  The next step was stamping my sentiment onto a die cut tag, adding bakers twine and foam tape to the back of the tag and adhering it to my watercolored background.  Then I added my die cut, stamped and watercolored cat (I used mustard seed & spiced marmalade distress inks) and flower images, popping up the cat with foam tape.


Pin It

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I love this, Lynn! Fabulous take on the sketch! How you coloured in the cat is fantastic!
I ordered this set and can't wait to get it -- I'm looking forward to making cards for my Sunday School girls with it!

Kay Miller said...

OMGoodness! This is just the cutest card ever!! Your watercolored background is so pretty and the kitty so adorable! I'm loving what you've done with this stamp set!

donna mikasa said...

Super cute take on the sketch, Lynn! Love your watercolored background!

Екатерина said...

Очаровательная открытка!!! Отличная идея с фоном!

Susan R. Opel said...

You've been spotted!

http://bit.ly/MFTSpottedJan5

Susan R. Opel
Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things