Monday, October 6, 2014

With Sympathy - {The Challenge #16}

Hello everyone!  I've got some exciting news to share today.  I was asked by the talented Lesley Croghan to join The Challenge design team and happily excepted.  I'm looking forward to working with Lesley and the rest of The Challenge team.  I really like the concept of The Challenge, because you can design a card using just the sketch or challenge colors or both.
 For my card, I used both the sketch and colors from The Challenge #16 to create a sympathy card.  I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Rosie Posie along with Think Big Favorites #3 for my sentiment.  I started out with a black card base, added a panel of white and an embossed panel of Going Gray.  To add a little softness around my sentiment circle I used the PTI Rustic Wreath die with velum.
Please be sure to visit the rest of The Challenge team so you can check out what they've created:
  
 
Pin It

10 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn this is a beautiful sympathy card! Rosie Posie is such a fabulous tamp set!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Divine embossing and accents, totally wonderful!!!!

Alanna said...

Congrats! Your card is beautiful. I love that Rosie Posie set.

Marisa said...

Love the EF and the vellum wreath! Great card.

Kay Miller said...

Congratulations on your new team Lynn! Leslie is so fun! Your card is absolutely stunning! That flower is gorgeous and I love the colors!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS! These colors are AMAZING and I LOVE the flowers and the texture on the background!!

Lesley said...

Love that vellum wreath! Such a beautiful sympathy card! Thrilled to have you on the team. :)

Lori said...

Gorgeous design, Lynn! Love the subtle vellum wreath framing the sentiment panel.

Anonymous said...

These colours rock, just like your card!

Nance said...

Lynn, fabulous card! It's so elegant. Beautiful flower. Congrats on joining the team too. It should be a lot of fun! Have a great week! Nance