Sunday, November 10, 2013

SSSC#197 - Season's Greetings

 Hi there!  If you're a subscriber to my blog or visit regularly, your probably wondering if I've dropped off the face of the earth.  I apologize for not posting as to why I've been absent and in all honesty it was a combination of several different reasons.  I've been posting here on my blog for more than seven years now (wow I can hardly believe that) and felt burnt out, I had a lack of mojo in creating cards and to go along with that, my computer took a nose dive and wasn't working.  Creating a blog post with my old computer was beyond frustrating, when I found myself crying because I couldn't get a card posted on time, I asked myself whether this was what I wanted in my life and I took a step back. 
But....my dear husband surprised me with a new computer for my birthday and although its faster and oh so wonderful and I'm extremely grateful, it has Windows 8 which I know nothing about.  Now I don't know about you but I'm far from computer savvy so it's taking me a while to find my way around.  I'm hoping that once I get the hang of my new computer it will be easier for me to share what I've created and I'll get back to blogging regularly again.

With all that being said, I'm here today to share a card that I created for today's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #197.
I used the fun Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes stamp set along with some Doodlebug Designs Christmas paper to create one of my first Christmas cards of the season.  I took a little liberty with the flag/banner from the sketch and flipped it inward so that I could use it for my sentiment, I added some buttons, twine and my Copic colored snowdude who was cut out and popped up.
Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Stampers have created:
Pin It

13 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Lynn, love that little snowman and your festive papers!!! Happy Sunday, my friend!

Tracy said...

Total heart palps Lynn! I love this card. You had me with this cute snowman and fun DB paper!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back Lynn! Adorable card.

Karen Giron said...

So glad to see you back, Lynn! It's nice to take a break and refresh - so glad you were able to do that. Your card is darling! I love this little squishy snowman and the little button trio is fantastic! You haven't missed a beat!

Dana White said...

I hare ya Lynn. Change is not always good! Great to see you back and what a sweet little snowman.

Lori said...

This is so sweet, Lynn! Love how you colored that snowman. And, glad to hear you have a new computer--I know how frustrated you were with all of the technical issues you were having and hopefully this will help a lot.

Jodi Collins said...

SO glad to see you back Lynn!!! I've missed seeing your beautiful creations! Glad to hear you have a new computer!!! YAY! That is exciting :)
LOVE your card...the colors, your coloring on that cutie...is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Lynn. I have missed you and your creations. Windows 8 takes a bit of getting used to, but you will do it.

Debbie S

Kay Miller said...

Your card is just adorable! That is one of my favorite stamp sets! Love the Doodlebug paper with it too. I can totally relate to the burn out. I've been there with many things. Glad you got a new computer and are creating again! :)

Luanne said...

What a delightful card! I'm so happy to see you posting again. You've been missed! Welcome back!!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

I did miss you! Glad you're back! Nothing wrong with taking a little break to regroup. Love this snowman card- beyond cute! Have a great week Lynn! XOXO

Karen Motz said...

This is so fun Lynn! I love that sweet snowman and the button accents are perfect!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Hi Lynn, it's my first time visiting your blog and love your fun creation. I can relate to the break. I took one for 6 months this year for different reasons. Welcome back.